Monday, March 1, 2010

Cricket

Whilst on holiday I made it to the Gabba to see a One Day Internationl Cricket match between Australia and the West Indies. Ticket supplied by my sister Clare(Good seats, I feel I need box seats for the next game to top these) as a Christmas present, one of the best christmas presents i`ve ever had, Cheers.

I only had my phone to take photo`s on so the quality is not great, we have since bought a little point and shoot for occasions such as this, but I feel next time i`ll chance taking the DSLR. So now some photo`s :
Al in his umbrella hat, he was asked to remove it after a couple of hours, I was going to offer to forcibly remove him from the stadium but he complied with directions.

We got to our seats, just near the side screen at the Stanley St end, I`ve circled in red where we sat(or thereabouts).

The West Indies won the toss and elected to field.

We saw the Gatorade cart come onto the field for drinks.

Halfway through the West Indies innings we saw a sky writer. There were initials but we couldn`t read them.

So Australia ended up on 7/324 after 50 overs and then took to the field, was great to see Ricky Ponting getting a century.

After Gayle got out for 34 off 21 balls it was pretty much a boring game after that. But we did see a few players right in front of us :
Ryan Harris (2/64 off 10 Overs).

Mitchell Johnson (1/54 off 10) came to sign some autographs for the kids.

Adam Voges 16 runs off 10 balls (Great shot I know).
Finally Mike Hussey (42 off 21 balls), dissapointment for the kids as apparently he doesn`t sign autographs whilst fielding. But he did take a great catch right in front of us.

Found some video highlights of the game which should work:


West Indies lost the game, ending up on 8/274, we ended up leaving at the 49th over to beat the traffic. So, big thanks to my sister Clare who provided me a great Christmas present. To my brother Kim for driving us up there in the nice new car. To my Father Al (whose birthday it was on the day), and brothers in law Michael and Shane a big thanks as well for attending with me and enjoying the day. Thats it I think. Bye.

No comments: