Monday, February 23, 2009

Android Phone

Ok, so I got my HTC Dream a week ago, i`ve been through the Android Market many times and basically I`ve got this :

eBook Readers :
aBook Reader - Not great, very close to uninstall at the moment
Audua eReader - My Current favourite
CadreBible LE - so I can show my dad a Bible, other than that, I don`t use it
jjReader - Can`t even get it working, gonna uninstall it

Games :
Alien Blood Bath - 2d SideScroller, not too bad
AndPipes! - Based on one of my favourite windows games, Pipe Dreams, doesn`t translate real well to android, but still fun
Beat the Joker Slots - Hey it`s a pokie :)
Amazed - tilt game
DroidDice - always good for when you lose a die for a board game
Solitaire - gotta have solitaire
Spin The Bottle - gotta make sure it ends up pointing to the wife

Apps :
aCurrency - Fantastic currency convertor
Android Gallery - Slightly better than pictures
Bartender - good for a list of cocktails, plus you can add your own
BlueBrush - painting program
Cellfinder - supposed to find nearest cell tower, going to uninstall this
Compass - its a compass
Farm Animals - makes various noises
FartDroid - it farts, and has a timer so you can set it and walk away
fBook - FaceBook Client, I`m not on Facebook, my family is trying to convince me
fIRC chat - gotta have an irc client, but I havent`t tested it yet
Flashlight - Great flashlight, just makes an all white screen at full brightness
Flower Pot - I`m trying to grow a plant
Konvertor - Cool konvertor app, converts units of measurement
meebo - IM client for MSN, AOL etc.
MemoryforLemmings - clears up memory
Moon Phase - shows phases of the moon
My Collection - supposed to be a good database, but I have over 1000 DVD`s and it wont import my CSV list.
My Backup - Great backup program for those unfortunate cases
Now Playing - Great app, links to trailers, movie info and now playing times at local cinema`s
OI Safe - Password Safe, it`s pretty decent
Remote Droid - app for controlling your PC, touch screen acts as touchpad, good for media centre PC
SciCalc - better calc than standard calculator
ScreenCrack - cool app, makes it look as though your screen is broken
Steamy Window - novelty app, steam up your screen then wipe it away
Stop Watch - good basic stop watch
Telnet - used for Rooting your phone, haven`t got there yet but I will
The Schwartz UnSheathed - Everyone should have a lightsaber on their phone
The Weather Channel - Good app for weather, can add multiple towns so I can see weather for all my family
TideApp - Good app for telling you the tides
Toggle Settings - has on/off for all functions
Toggle Blu - One touch BlueTooth on/off
Toggle GPS - One touch GPS on/off
Toggle Wifi - One touch wifi on/off
TriCorder - Star Trek, damn we need some light meter and thermometer in the G1/Dream
TuneWiki - supposed to be a good mp3 player, i`m not into music so much and the times i`ve used it, can`t find lyrics for my songs
TwiDroid - Twitter for Android, this one is pretty cool
Whatis My IP - Obvious it finds your IP
WikiMobile - Wiki on your phone

Still Looking for :
Decent MS Office program for Android - Both reader and editor
xvid player - hoping now paid apps in the US we will see a company release a player, I refuse to convert my 2.5Tb`s to Mp4
Video Recorder - the current app in the market is too buggy
eBook Reader - Audua Reader is pretty good, but has flaws, not great scrolling, no LIT, PDB, RTF, DOC or any other format support except HTML and TXT

So really, i`m having fun with my phone, I hope there is 3G access on Stradbroke Island, I`ve only got 6 more working days till holidays :). Bye.

1 comment:

Jesmond said...

Dear Phrog you AndPipes is it a pc game or mobile game?if pc version can you send to me by this address taijoi@yahoo.com.Thank alot